Saturday, August 6, 2016

20 Sauces You Can Make Yourself!



Something that I really get excited about is finding something that I can make myself instead of buy. When I was growing up, I loved the series "The Boxcar Children." It was fascinating to me all of the ways that they improvised and recycled certain things in order to survive. I have always respected people who are very resourceful and independent so I learn everything that I can and try to implement those things! Sometimes my laziness gets in the way and I just take a nap instead, but sometimes it doesn't and I feel super accomplished when I actually make something myself instead of buying it!

Here are twenty sauces I found on Pinterest that you can make yourself instead of buy:

1. Ketchup from Frugal Coupon Living



2. Mustard from My Healthy Green Family


3. BBQ sauce from Miss Information


4. Chick-Fil-A sauce from Six Sisters' Stuff



5. Taco Bell Fire Sauce from Secret Copycat Restaurant Recipes



6. Spaghetti Sauce from Trial and Eater




7. Alfredo Sauce from Mom's Dish



8. Pizza Sauce from Eating on a Dime



9. Sriracha Sauce from Knowledge Weighs Nothing



10. Hot Sauce from Just Putzing around the Kitchen




11. Apple Cider Vinegar from Don't Waste the Crumbs




12. Ranch Seasoning from Add a Pinch




13. Taco Seasoning from The Country Cook




14. Sloppy Joe Seasoning from Not Quite Suzie Homemaker




15. Mayonnaise from Busy Bliss




16. "Yum Yum" (Hibachi Grill) Sauce from Loaves and Dishes



17. Sweet Thai Chili Sauce from Food.com



19. Creamy Jalapeno Dip from Five Heart Home



20. Classic Salsa from The Slow Roasted Italian


I hope that you were inspired by this post just like I was inspired by the Boxcar Children! What sauces do you enjoy making at home? Let me know in the comments below!





3 comments:

Unknown said...

Have definitely made my own salsa - nothing can compare to salsa made with fresh ingredients! And necessity has truly been the mother of invention many a time when I couldn't make it to the store, especially when I had little ones. Have made my own BBQ sauce, sloppy joe sauce, and taco seasoning. Love seeing the recipe for habanero sauce - may have to make that one. Peppers are the one thing that the critters seem to leave alone in my garden.

Kristen Truett said...

Yes you can make the habanero sauce for me as a Christmas gift (hint hint)

Thanks for your input I actually haven't made BBQ sauce myself yet but it looks super tasty! I am also excited about the mayo because it uses olive oil and will be a lot cheaper than buying it especially since eggs are only .49 cents at Aldi!!

Kristen Truett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.