Saturday, September 24, 2016

Make this Faux-Graham Cracker Crust with leftover bread!


Have you ever needed a graham cracker crust but didn't have any graham crackers? Well, that is exactly what happened to me the other night! I needed to bring a dessert for a party that I forgot about and I just had to throw something together with what I had (which was not much). 

I had some leftover vanilla ice cream along with a few chocolate and butterscotch chips - so I decided that ice cream pie was the way to go! However, I did not have anything for the pie crust. As I was thinking of a way to make graham cracker pie crust without baking individual homemade graham crackers - it suddenly occurred to me that I could use breadcrumbs (provided that I sweeten them a little bit).

Here are the only three ingredients I used to make this faux-graham cracker pie crust:

5 slices of bread (I used 8 grain whole wheat)

1/4 cup of cinnamon sugar

1/2 cup of melted butter


Make this homemade crust in 5 easy steps:


Step 1: Mix bread and sugar in blender until it resembles coarse crumbs


Step 2: Add melted butter and blend until fully incorporated


Step 3: Press mixture into pie plate


Step 4: Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until golden-brown


Step 5: Pour pie filling into crust and chill (freeze if ice cream pie)


Enjoy!


Please share in the comments below any homemade dessert recipes you have that can be made in a pinch!

No comments: